Anyone formula feed their baby even after they turned 12 months?

If so, how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I didn't want to, we were using a very pricey brand. At 11 mos. old we began giving very small sips of whole milk gradually and by the week after each kiddos 1st birthday we were just finishing up our last can of formula
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My SIL gave my niece formula beyond 1 yr. She was a preemie and was still catching up on her weight so their Dr recommended it for several months.
    Anonymous

• My youngest stayed on formula til almost 15 months because his iron was low, and at that time it was the best option to help raise up is levels (we had it on hand already so it wasn't like we had to keep buying it). He did drink some milk too, and ate all regular meals. I think he only had 2 bottles a day...maybe 3...but yeah, it worked and I'm glad we did it. He's been healthy and his iron levels have been good ever since. (and his low levels at a year weren't a fluke, we had it tested 3 times at different places and it was always within .5 of the same reading).
    Anonymous

• My son is 23 months and on a formula in place of milk. It's cuz he has a milk and soy intolerance and it really helps him. But it's $40 a can!
    Anonymous

• He is on Neocate Jr. Forgot to add that above
    Anonymous

• w/ my oldest son I started him on toddler formula at a year and gave it too him till he was 2yrs. He's allergic to dairy and this was Earth's Best Organic Toddler formula. He needed the fat content. With my 2nd son it clicked that my breastmilk was whole milk so I continued to breastfeed him till he was 2 1/2yrs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• We stopped fprmula feeding at 1 year old.Luckily my kids didnt have any of the problems mentioned above
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:27 PM on May. 9, 2010