do u have an embarassing family recipe?

something your kids or hubby love but you'd never make for company?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My husband makes spam casserole and I will not eat it! Its one can of spam cubed, 2 packages of mac'n cheese prepared, one onion diced, 2 kraft singles, and 1 can of corn. Too gross! He once took some in a crock pot to a church pot luck, I could have died.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• "Tortilla Pizzas"- place large flour tortilla on baking stone, spread on some spaghetti sauce, sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake at 425 until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy. We love it, but other people think it's really weird.
    Anonymous

• my mom made this a lot growing up. quick rice, mushroom soup and browned hamburger all mixed together with a packet of brown gravy mix and baked for about ten or 15 minutes. its not something i would serve company but its not bad now and then.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Biscuits and gravy, my ol man loves it, but I would never force a heart attack on guests.
    Great post though today!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My dd loves spaghetti tacos from Icarly. She likes me to make it with meatballs and she stuffs it in a hard shell taco. I can't bring mysel to try it but she says its good.

She also has a favorite sandwich that is an egg sandwich with a sauce made of melted butter, mustard, minced onion, sugar and poppy seeds. It was originally a potluck sandwich with ham and cheese and the tang sauce but she has adapted it to her sandwich at home lol it looks soooo gross!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Chicken and gravy over biscuits. Boil chicken breasts. In another pan heat butter, milk and flour to make gravy. When chicken is fully cooked, cube and put into gravy. Prepare biscuits from bisquik mix. Last, pour chicken /gravy mixture over biscuits. My family loves this, but probably wouldn't fix it for company.
    Anonymous

• My husband's family ate out almost all the time when he was growing up. One of the things his mom would cook was egg noodles mixed with ground beef, salt and pepper and that's it. No sauce, no other seasonings, nothing. Very plain and bland but he likes it. I make it for him from time to time. He always eats it with a slice of bread with grape jelly on it. That's what He and his dad always ate with it. This was something his dad grew up eating also. No veggies! I always have veggies.
    Anonymous