Why is it that Some Christians say pray for god's help no matter what the situation is?

I have been praying to God all my life and guess what that doesn't always work. My dh just found out that his check isn't going to cover the second half of rent we owe, So I have been given a list of places that can help if funds are available. Now I have only gotten to called 60 numbers on a list of over one hundred, which would normally be fine. However the reason for this is because they all insist on praying with me. My hanging up would be rude, but seriously they know I need immediate help. So I can't spend 15-20mins praying on every phone call. Plus with all my praying guess what God still hasn't paid my rent. I know it doesn't work like that, but still it isn't going to help to pray more.
I also want to thank the one who sent the spell for eliminating debts. Though it didn't work the way I thought it would, the next day all of my bills I owe called and offered me extensions. So thanks for that it did truly help.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God answers every single prayer, sometimes he grants these request, other times not.

This is a direct contradiction. He either answers prayers, or he doesn't.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Just tell them thank you, but you pray on your own, and then go on. I know it feels rude but you're on a timetable here.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You pray to God to ask for things or to guide you. Just b/c he does not answer your prayers when you want him to, or in the way that you THINK he should doesnt mean he is not answering them.

God answers every single prayer, sometimes he grants these request, other times not. He is the all knowing God and sees a bigger picture than we do. Sort of like a parent sees what might happen if a child gets a certain type of toy, might get hurt or in trouble....you dont always grant your childrens every wish do you?

Same thing, children dont always know what they are asking for or how to ask for it. They dont always know what is best for them.

How do you know if it was the "spell" or God who helped the extension to come about?
    Anonymous

• If you cant listen to a prayer for you and your family from people who are trying to help you....then you dont deserve the help!
    Anonymous

• his is a direct contradiction. He either answers prayers, or he doesn't.

He can answer a prayer by NOT granting it, by saying NO

If you ask for money, and its not Gods will for you to have the extra money now, you will not receive it, its God saying NO.

Funny, people only think God answers their prayers when they get exactly what they want when they want it, typically human.
    Anonymous

• Funny, people only think God answers their prayers when they get exactly what they want when they want it, typically human.

How typically human for a "God" to withhold food and money from starving families....or jobs from piss poor couples who barely have a roof over their heads. Who give any money they make to their church in order to appease this suposed all powerful being to "help" them. How very human of HIM to expect such ridiculous, meaningless things as money and devotion to him, in order for him to reward them with basic living needs.
    *sigh*
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If you cant listen to a prayer for you and your family from people who are trying to help you....then you dont deserve the help! "

OMG, how very "christ like". You are shining example of love and peace.....
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We are supposed to pray without ceasing. This is our communication with God. It is one of the best ways to stay close to Him in our daily lives. Prayer isn't always about asking for something. I don't pray with an agenda, a wish list or the idea that God is going to answer my prayers the way that I want Him to or ask Him to. Sometimes I just pray and tell him How I've been feeling and how wonderful it is to have His presence, His love and direction in my life. He knows where I've been, where I am and where I will be and he knows what I need more than I do. I can trust that whatever happens, he will bring me through it and that there is a purpose for it all.

Take heart, even when God doesn't answer our prayers how we want Him to He is still there and He will meet our needs.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• How typically human for a "God" to withhold food and money from starving families....or jobs from piss poor couples who barely have a roof over their heads. Who give any money they make to their church in order to appease this suposed all powerful being to "help" them. How very human of HIM to expect such ridiculous, meaningless things as money and devotion to him, in order for him to reward them with basic living needs.
    *sigh*

GOD OWES US NOTHING on this Earth. He sees Heaven and all its perfectness waiting on us. To him, this life is but a tiny drop in the bucket. A world filled with despair in all forms!

How dare us try to decide who and what gets his blessings when he is all knowing and we know nothing.

He requires NO MONEY OR DEVOTION to receive any blessing at all! Those have nothing to do with each other.

There is no reward here on Earth, its is in HEAVEN when we shall receive everything we need, desire etc.
    Anonymous

• You may "sigh" all you want...God owes not one human on this planet anything.

That is what is wrong with this society. Everyone feels they DESERVE something. You dont. You deserve nothing! But what you earn! Nothing should be given without cost.
    Anonymous