i know that age can make a big difference when it comes to getting along with people on here but are there any moms on here that you know are yrs younger or older than you that you appreciate their advice or opinion, or you just like seeing what they have to say in certain topics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am mostly horrified by what I see, mostly from the young moms.
    Anonymous

• I have found alot of younger and older moms that I respect. I take advice from moms whose parenting I agree with, age isnt a factor really. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I agree with the others...there's something to be said about "with age, comes wisdom!" Besides, it's painfully obvious who is older and has more experience in the parenting and relationships department, just by the way the posts/responses are written! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I've seen a lot of good and a lot of bad from both young and older moms here. I think rudeness and ignorance comes in all ages.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon :51, but i'm only 24 lol! i was raised "old fashioned" and i (like most of my elders) rely more on mothers' instinct than what "they" say. i feel a bit more educated than most of the young moms here, because i'm the oldest of 7 kids. my mother passed away when i was 10, and my youngest sibling was only 4mo old. there was no one to teach me how to be a mother to my younger siblings, so i let life teach me. i feel much older than i am, so i relate better to moms in their 40's and 50's. they've been at this long enough to know that the medical book change every year, but being a mother stays the same.

Anonymous

• i've given some useful advice to a mother that was older than me. So i know i'm not so bad at advice in certain topics. There are some moms though that i think are younger than me and they are like talking to a brick wall. I do appreciate quite a few of the moms POV"S ..i'm not sure of the ages.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• admackenzie, Lisa Ann P is awesome too. She is the sweetest person and so smart and does not act smug if you're shy and afraid to speak up...
    Anonymous

• Age is not a factor in how I perceive a person... Though it is apparently the Achilles Heal for some of our members with "life experience"... I will say this; Life experience comes from what you have lived through, not how long you have lived. :) I have to chuckle a little when I read of first timers in their 40's shrugging off the advice of a "youngin" in their 20's, although she may have 10 years of parenting experience that they do not.

Has no one ever heard the expression "Do not judge a book by it's cover" ? Well, now you have. And you should apply it :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• oops... "Heel"... that's what i get for trying to respond, chat, and talk irl!!! LMAO
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010