I want to know the honset truth. What do you think of when you hear the term "Teen Mothers?"

I'm asking this question with an open mind. They only reason I'm asking is to see what other people think, and to clear up any stereotypes (at least those that I can clear up myself). Thank you.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• depends but my first thought is..."hope grandma dont end up being mom" ,they call it help,but the truth is they help too much to where the mom doesnt get a realistic view of motherhood,(they think its really easy,because they get helped or dont have to pay for anything)but then again there some little girls that just shock me,they do such a good job take care of everything love their babies and raise them correctly..it all depends.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• poor, no support, sinful, missing at least one parent
    Anonymous

• I think "Glad I was never one, and I hope my kids never become one." That's just TOO MUCH for a teenager.
    Anonymous

• i think"high school student with baby
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Not all of them are poor. I wasnt I had a job money saved up didnt even need medicare to cover me. Sinful??? Maybe to someone not so much my family. Missing one parent....yea I guess my mom is still around but she wasnt ever a real mother.
    I had tons of support.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Very upset.....

I pray that the girl does the right thing by the baby, that her family supports her, that she doesnt think this is "cute", that she gives the baby a good home with two ADULT parents, that she has not done this on purpose... and I pray that the boy too has learned a lesson.
    Anonymous

• I think of myself. Apply whatever stereotypes you like, in the end it has zero affect on who a person is, or what they are capable of.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• uneducated...and by that i mean in sexual education.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Babies having Babies
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think they are going to have it rough for a while, and hope they can do whatever they need to make it workout for themselfs and their child.
    Anonymous