Anyone else super lonely??

I'm a single mom and when my son is at his dad's I feel so alone. It's really hard to be by myself all the time, even when my son is here I still wish for some adult conversation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel. My husband is away and I have friends drop by every now and then but when they are gone its like I dont know what to do. I find myself feeling anxious hoping someone will send a text or call me asking if they can come over.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Not a single mom, but it sure feels like it most days. My hubby is in iraq, but thankfully will be home in a couple months. it has been a very long, very lonesome year.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm not a single mom, but I live with my mom so I take care of my daughter all by myself 80% of the time. Like you I wish sometimes I just had someone to talk to. Also I'm trying so hard to make it work with my bf/ baby daddy because I can't image my daughter being gone for hours at a time, or hell even a night. Hang in there mama! Try to reach out to family members if your friends are there for you. My friends are MIA so I turn to my family just when I need someone to talk to. Sometimes thats all you need is someone to talk to!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I also agree with the 1st ladies response. I sometimes just wish someone would call or txt or even just stop by. But I found out that the longer you wait the more angry you get that no one is so I usually just make the first move. If you feel lonely start txting someone or even get on cafemom and start talking to other mothers!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• im married. but my mom has been in this situation for last 12-13 years. my dad died in 1997, she remarried after 4 years but that didnt work out either. she raised us 3 kids and was a very very strong women. i never used to understand her loneliness before but ever since i got married(which was a year ago), ive really started to feel for her. she used to share with me at that time but i was too coped up in my own life that i rarely paid attention. now the thought of her putting herself to sleep with the television on and a book brings tears to my eyes. how stupid i have been all those years to ignore her empty eyes which used to beckon to me asking for attention. i was never a horrible daughter, i did take care of her, used to talk to her for hours. but i never really understood her. until now. i hope God will forgive me for being so selfish and stupid. and i pray to God that He gives her a long and happy life.
    Anonymous

• I'm a widow and I have a name for every bump on the wall
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2010