how do i get my husband to quit smoking?

He has tried the patch, nicotine gum, pills, and even gone cold turkey. I can''t stand the smell anymore. He smokes outside the house, but I can smell it in his pores. Gross

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

• Honestly, you can't make anyone stop, they have to want to. My husband has stopped and started several times since we have been married. He knows how I feel about it. This time he has been smoke free for a few months. I don't even say anything about it because I halfway expect him to start up again, but pray he doesn't. He knows how upset it makes me when he is smoking, and he knows he better not come near me until he changes his clothes, washes up, and brushes teeth, etc. I cannot stand the smell and more than anything I want him healthy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• He will have to want to quit- otherwise he'll just be doing it behind your back. If he is interested try chantex (sp??) It worked for a few of my friends.
    Anonymous

• throw away all the lighters and every pack you see.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I know what you mean.hate the smell, my hubby smokes outide to but you can smell it in the whole room when he walks in. My husbands aunt did hypnosis, it worked and she smoked a long long time. My hubby is not open to it, he is afraid that he will come out clucking like a chiken or something, lol!!! Maybe your hubby would be open to it!. There is also a thing called EFT that could help.
    Anonymous