How long should it take a 10 year olds broken arm to heal?

He broke both bones about 2 inches above his wrist. Its been 6 weeks since they reset it.

Asked by bonbonmc6 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Kids' Health

• 6 weeks is about the average time for broken bones, but why don't you call your dr. and ask them?

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Its my nephew, and he has been to the Dr. He was taken to the Er when it happened then to the Dr a week later to get it reset then he has gone ever three weeks for his checkups. The Dr told them 6 weeks but every three weeks he adds another three weeks to the healing time. We are up to 12 weeks now. I was just trying to help my sister get some info as to if this is normal to take this long. And the Dr doesn't have time to talk to her at the office let alone over the phone. She has tried to change Dr.s but none will see him as a referral.

Answer by bonbonmc6 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• there is an avg time but it varies from person to person.... tell your sis to give extra calcuim. i broke my legs in three places 7-8 mo pregnant and i was in a full leg cast for 2 months then in a half cast for 2-3 more months now im doing PT. but i popped calcium like crazy bc the baby and the break were sucking everything i was getting from my food. did the dr do an x-ray at the last visit. did he mention anything about the calcuim deposits around the break?

Answer by hendrickson at 6:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My son had his radius pinned a few months ago and spent 8 weeks in a cast

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2008