Do you like Oprah?

why or why not?

* and yes I know you * most likely* dont know her in person....but from what you know about her do you like her as a public figure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I don't. She sold out on her faith. She will agree with anyone or their idea of a higher power.
    Anonymous

• I liked her for a short while while she was in a phase between being a smut-talk-show-host (80's) and her current over political opinion show host (current).

So I guess there was a time in the 90's when I liked her as a public figure and entertainer.
    Anonymous

• I love her.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• She has had some really great shows about things that matter in life. But I don't like the direction she's come, and I disagree with her religious agenda.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• First...Anon #1...I TOTALLY disagree with you. Having an open and Universalist belief about God is NOT selling out.

I like Oprah as a public figure. I think she has done a HUGE amount of good...but I don't think she is anything other than a vehicle for voice and change. She has the gift of press and public eye and she does more with it than most. I give her HUGE credit for that. I don't think I would like her as a person...she does seem a little out of touch with the "real" world at times...since she is practically a BILLIONAIRE.
    Anonymous

• I like her and don't like her at the same time. I am happy she conquered her abusive childhood and pursued and obtained her dream. She does a lot to help the people on her shows and sometimes in the audience. She has done a lot of charitable work too which is commendable. When you have all the money in the world you SHOULD help those who need it.

I HATE THE WAY SHE CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTS HER GUESTS! That is SO rude and unprofessional. It makes it seem like she can't pay attention for more than about 30 seconds so she interrupts and seems very uninterested. And as I said above she does a lot of charitable things...but she makes damn sure that it's splashed all over the media so everyone knows what she did and to me that's just a woman needing more padding on her already inflated sense of self worth.

I've heard "Oprah for President" more times that I can count and if that ever happens I will be even glad to be Canadian!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Given a choice between watching Oprah and having a rash, I'll take the rash,thanks!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• HELL NO ! !
    Anonymous

• I don't even get a Christmas or Birthday card from the woman. She's on my poop list.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2010