Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do???

This is the senario. Would you talk to your husbands baby mother about letting him see his child. He get frustrated easily. I just want to tell her his side of the story. She takes everything the wrong way when he says things. I just want him to see his daughter . He talks about his daughter all the time.Do you think that is over stepping my boundries. I just want to tell her who he is. I have been with him five years and he is a great guy and a good father.We have a child together. I just want to make peace.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • Hmmm... do you know her at all? What if you just wrote her a letter--a NICE letter-- explaining what you see of him and how much it would mean to him to have a relationship with his daughter, and that from what you know of him, he would be a great aspect in her life. Let her know you may not know all the history, and you're sorry if he's hurt her, but you want so much for him to have a chance.....

    Answer by Adelicious at 10:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • Unfortunately this is between the 2 of them and not you...while you worry about his needs, they need to work it out. You getting involved will only make this an issue between the 2 of you. If they can't come to an agreement like adults, it may only hurt his other child in the long run. I don't think that there's a child out there that would want to know both parents if both cannot get along for the sake of the child which it seems they cannot

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • "husbands baby mother".... do you mean his ex wife? or the mother of his child who he may or may not have been married to? What is a baby mother???? His mother has his child??? I can not figure out what you are saying.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • The mother of his child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • This is what attorneys are for. Sue her for visitation if she doesn't let him see her

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • if you contact a Father's Rights group you might get a lawyer for free

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • Ummm thats between them too... sorry to be rude but thats not your child...

    Answer by iliana90 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • I know that is not my child. I just want to help get his point across

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • yea, if she has a hard time listening to anything that he says, I don't think you'll do any better, you'll probably just piss her off more..sorry just being honest. Like the pp's said contact a lawyer or you can try writting a nice letter, or better yet have your husband write one

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

  • u want to make peace and she wants to make trouble. even if she was able to hear what u were saying its not of any interest to her how great a guy he is. to her he is someone who got her pregnant and left her and married u. regardless of what really happened its not a good situation for u to get in the middle of. he needs to get an atty and file for visitation and support his child who he had with this women. it the best way to get to have a relationship with this child who he talks about all the time. u will always b the step mom and the childs welfare will always b btw them/ its a tough pill to swallow but that the way it is. get in touch with that fathers rights group and get the best atty u can afford and go from there. the best u can do is support yr husband in his fight to get visitation with his child & not feel resentful that he is responsible for supporting that child too. good luck and i hope it works out 4 all of u

    Answer by emily1234 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.