UPDATE

Serious situation please give me your advice.

I received a phone call today from my little cousin who at some point during the conversation mentioned that another little cousin of ours 5 years old, was touched "down there" by her grandma's boyfriend also known to the kids as "grandpa". After our conversation I called the child abuse hotline and gave them the information that I was told. The reason I did that is because we have a history of incest in our family and it is always a hush, hush thing or somehow gets brought up but then never mentioned again. Very sad and disgusting but true. I have mixed feelings about what I did. What would you have done? should I have just stayed out of it? or did I do the right thing...that's all I was trying to do.

I reported this on Sunday and Today my phone started ringing it was my grandparents number, the cousin who gave me this info. resides there with my grandparents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Op here- do I answer the phone it may be my cousin or my grandparents. Either way, someone must have contacted them. Do I admit to it? or deny it? I know if Im honest with my grandparents they will NEVER let me see my cousin(s) again.
    Anonymous

• i would answer.. and hello deny or admit.. doesnt matter u did the right thing
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You did the right thing. It is tough being that the cousin told you AND lives with the gparents. If making it easier on the cousin is to lie, go ahead.
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing. Deny it, if you fess up it will only cause drama.
    Anonymous

• You absolutely did the right thing. I guess if you have to cover for the cousin you don't have to say you reported them but you could still tell them that you are glad someone did report it and that this cycle in your family needs to end. I think they need to know someone is ready to end the hush hush history here. You should be proud of yourself, I really hope this saves your little cousin from any future recurrences of the molestation.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Act dumb with them u did the right thing
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i agree with the other answers. you did the right thing and i would deny it as well. that is one of the benefits of anonymous reports.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010