a test on a child.

My child has to have a test done where they are going to stick something up his rectum to check for the muscles working. We have been having problems with him having some poop in his underwear 6+mos.
has anyone had this test done on there child, what can I except for him?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We actually only recently found out about the allergies. His blood work came back from the GI and said his prealbumin levels were low and it indicated that he might have a food allergy. We saw his allergist the same week. We were pretty overwhelmed when we found out he has so many. He also has ashtma and outdoor/animal allergies and severe ezcema. We had to do 2 capfuls of the miralax for a couple of weeks and now we are down to 1 capful. We have been lucky and haven't had any accidents but he constantly comlaining of a stomach ache. I feel so bad for him. I just want all the test and medicine to be over with. I hate to see him in pain.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• he is 6! the problem has lasted 6+ mos.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My sons is 4 and has issues with weight gain and constipation. He is going to have to have this test done next month. Im extremely nervous about it. He is also going to have a test done where they stick a camera down his throat.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• my son is very tiny too, 30-32 lbs. My 22 mo. old weighs more then him. He has had tons of blood work done, all came back normal :). He had his tonsils and adnoids removed and this is when it started, someone said it could be the anthesia (spell??), but really after this long!! He has been on mirlax and exlax due to consitpation. He was impacted in 3 spots :(
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We are in almost the exact same situation. My son weighs 30lbs. Our 30 month old weighs 32 lbs. They literally look like twins and are 20 months apart. My son is also on Miralax daily which is horrible. I am so sick of all the test and blood work. Its really frustrating. He also has several food allergies wheat, corn, peanuts, cows milk, eggs, oranges. Our next appointment is May 10 hopefully we will gets some answers then.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• allergies, wow!! that is one thing that showed on the blood work. We have to do a repeat next week and then go from there.. so is the mirlax working on your son? we have to do a exlax too, lately the shit is pouring out YUCK!!! I think he is getting to much. I am going to give him only the mirlax 1/2 cap instead of full. he has poop in his pants once a day at least, like I said this started after surgery.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• we will get the results of the test in a week.
    r00j04j08

• :( see my son NEVER complains of pain.. it is just he says he can't feel his poop come out.. :(. I will have to keep in touch with you so we both know how our boys are doing..
    We haven't went to a allergist yet, waiting on second blood work.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yeah, definitely. I sent you a friend request. Let me know how everything goes. You are the first person I have talked to who has been through this.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Why don't you get the name of the test getting done on your child and do your own research on it so then you will know what to expect and what is getting done. That what I do with anything that my child have to have done. WEBMD is great and PARENTS.com may info on this test. GL to him and you trust me it will hard on you just as it is gonna be on him.
    Anonymous