Is there anything I can do??

My DH was laid off and lost his healthcare. We applied to PA because his health is not good and his Dr. Apts & medication are VERY expensive, so we needed some help until he can get a new job. We were told that the $900 he gets for UE is to much and he doesn't qualify for PA.

Now, that's not my issue, I'm not happy about it, but this is what pisses me off... My SIL & her SO haven't had a job in over a year. They are BOTH on PA because they have "no income" yet they are in actuality making around $3K a month by selling the meds they get through their PA insurance... They are both on medication for drug addiction, but they only take enough to keep them even and sell the rest for $25-$30 a pill... They are only paying $3 for the script.

What I want to know is is there a way to turn them in? Without having to come out and say it's me?? My DH would never do anything to hurt them, but to me this is just wrong!

cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• My DH is busting his ass to support his pregnant wife, two small children and disabled brother and can't get any help even when his life depends on it. I have been looking for work, but I'm pregnant and no one will hire me. He is looking as well, but no one is hiring...

And then his Sister and her SO come over here and brag about how they just paid off their new car a year early and have "extra food stamps" this month... Yeah, they are getting like $700 a month for two adults and a child...

I know pissed off isn't a good color on me, but I think it's people like this that make people like my DH fall through the cracks! I didn't know how much they were actually making til they were over here bragging about it the other day... And I can NOT just sit back and take it!

What can I do??
    Anonymous

• Well, girl, you have to think about you and your family. To mention everything about your in-laws, that's not your concern really. Would anything be different for you if you turned them in, or they were to get caught? No, so let's just work on you. You need to seek full time employment. Maybe your husband can take a second job. When options such as welfare are not available to you, well, you have to suck it up and do what you must. I frankly, do not believe in welfare anyway, if the couple are both capable of working, that is. Lots of pregnant women work. My employee worked up until the day she had the baby... on her feet for 8 hrs! You're not any different. Go find a job!!!!
    Anonymous

• OP here - I AM looking for work! But as I said, I'm pregnant... No one is hiring! He IS looking for employment...

Will it make my life any different if they are caught? YES it will... They will stop feeling like they need to "help" us with their ill gotten income... They will stop coming over here and treating my kids like they are less because we are out of a job...

I have wanted to report them for a LONG time, but this has been the last straw! Now I just need to know how to report them...
    Anonymous

• Anons :41 you are a cold hearted bitch if I you don't mind me saying. Pa is there to help people like this family not her in-laws.

Anyways don't let the bitch get to you. Turning them in will do you no good and just cause drama somewhere down the line. Tell your hubby don't give up on looking for work something will come about. GL
    Anonymous

• Call the wel-fare offie and tell them that you want to remain anons DON'T give them your Name thats all.
    Anonymous

• You can call welfare & tell them you want to be anonymous - you need to have information that they can actually use, what they are selling, where they sell, however if you are the only people who know they do this, when their checks stop coming the backlash will most likely fall on you & your young family
    As for your situation -every time they offer to help with money, just say No thanks. So many people are out of work right now, Anon:41 has employees of her own, so she obviously isn't experiencing the work shortage like others ( perhaps she has a job for you!!)- Just keep looking, keep reminding yourself & your DH that every dime in your wallet is rightfully yours, & that if you were ever audited there are no skeletons to find. You really can only keep moving forward with your head held high, & choose to set the better example. If however they have 'spare' food stamps, I'd take them and use them - that isn't illegal
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Try to write SIL & her SO off. If they bother you that much you shouldn't have to put up with them. Tell them you would love to hang out/ be a family but as long as they're selling drugs you just can't be around them. As far as turning them in, you would have to live with that for the rest of your life. PA will catch on and eventually they WILL get caught on their own. Put you, your baby & your DH first. Things will work out. Good luck to you!
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• turning them in won't make things easier for you as a matter of fact it would make things emtionally worse. just keep your head up and concentrate on what going on in your home. you know i work for a supplementery insurance company and we cover prescriptions doc vists and alot of other things at a low price maybe you can look into something like that for him
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• symie doesnt know what she is talking about!

I work at a pharmacy,its not cheap for the state to pay for those and someone only pay $3 then get hundreds from them.

Thats tax payer money! minee and yours being abused!

We put in to help people! not to be abused! Also I have a way to help your financial situation contact me if youd like to get off PA, honestly we were living off VA benefits and it it sucked! Times are tough but they dont have to be.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I can understand you being upset, i would be to. but take a moment to think about your motive. you will not be happy causing other people misery. is what they are doing wrong? of course! but you shouldn't repay evil for evil. they will reap what they sow and sow will you....just my opinion. I pray things get better for you and your family
    LWESTBROOKS

Answer by LWESTBROOKS at 8:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010