If your children are all of one gender, do you feel sad you won't experience the other?

We have two boys, and for reasons out of our control, there will be no more children for us. I feel sooo sad some days I will never get to experience having a daughter. No bows, no dresses, no babydolls, no school jumpers, no girl slumber parties, no glitter stuff, no big dances, no prom, no wedding dress shopping, no daughter experiencing pregnancy and motherhood of her own. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most definetly not! We have 2 sons, but one was born with wings, and our chances of having a girl are slim to none apparently, and I wonder about the same things you do, and it seem's like EVERY SINGLE ONE of my friends have daughters, and it bugs the crap out of me, because i want a girl next, i want those experiences, I want my son to look after his little sister . ahhh :(

Anyways keep ypur head up, and thank god that you have two healthy boys that im sure you love very much <3
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm pregnant with our 3rd boy. I was really hoping for a girl, and was a little disappointed when we found out this one is a boy. I started thinking about it actually and I think god gave us a boy for a reason, and I'm ok with it. Its not about me anyways but about bringing up wonderful boys :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'd be happy that they healthy but don't be so down on yourself if can still get pregnant tell your dh to pull out as he is cumin oppose to leaving deep inside. Deep inside makes a boy and pulling out while cumin makes a girl GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I'm pregnant with our FOURTH girl. I was a little disappointed when girl #3 was confirmed, but quickly got over it once I got to go shopping for girly things. With the current pregnancy, the only reason I wanted a boy is because MY daddy recently passed away, and I had always promised him the first boy I had would be named after him. I cried when I realized I wouldn't be able to name my baby after my dad, but we changed our girls name to honor him anyway. Now, I couldn't be happier. My older two are such tomboys that it's like I already have 2 boys! lol. But to answer the question, no, I don't feel like i'll be missing out on anything. I have the love of three (almost four!) beautiful girls, and I couldn't picture it any other way! BTW - EVERYONE I know either has boys, or one of each, so i'm the outcast! I'm also the only one in my family to have all same gender children!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have 2 boys and I can't imagine it any other way!!! I love being the Queen Bee. I'm looking forward to having daughters-in-law someday that I will hopefully be very close to.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My sister has two boys. She just spoils the crap out of my girls to get her bow, dress, hair, shoe fix. I guess it would be hard to have all one sex, but there are worse things. Maybe become a "big sister" or volunteer with girls.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I had 4 girls, and was told not to have any more babies. Yeah, we were both a little depressed about it. Then we had a true oopsie/surprise, and got our boy - and he is spoiled rotten!
    Anonymous

• Yes very much so. Espcially since there will be no more babies for us since my youngest has a genetic condition and we found out my husband does too. It would be irrisponsible to try for a girl when there is a 50/50 chance she too will have the condition and a 30 percent chance she could have a disfiguring tumor (my husband and baby have both escaped that manifestation thankfully). I cried my eyes out at the end of toy story three over little bonnie. for some reason it brought up those feelings of disappointmen of not ever having a girl up again.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2010