Anyone ever use the Wii Fit to really get in shape?

I am considering purchasing this but am wondering if it is just a waste of money - do you have it, would you recommend it, is it worth the expense?

momofthreekjs

Asked by momofthreekjs at 11:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have it, and I like it. I have both the original one and the newer version. I like the newer one better - Wii Fit Plus. I don't do it as often as I should (things have been very crazy at my house lately), but I have no doubt that if I did use it regularly that it would cause weight loss.

Plus, honestly, it's fun :-)

Of course, if you're wanting to do it to lose weight, that would have to be coupled with changing diet, etc...

good luck :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I havent plaied it but heard its more of a game then a work out. i reccomend EA Sports Active i have it and its great it keeps track of your calories burns, miles walked and ran, your weigh, weekly gaols and monthly ect... i love it and it also has challenges on it too a 30 day and a 6 week. im on my 2nd 6 week had to stop playing for a month was in a car accident but am better now. Also i have lost about 6 ponds in 2 weeks now! hope you enjoy whatever you get
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The Wii fit plus does that, too, you can customize a workout for what you're wanting from the program, track what you've burned, what you weigh, set goals, etc.

Plus, there are a lot of parts that are more "game like" and parts that are more "workout like" and there's the yoga as well.

I'm glad to hear that the EA Sports Active has that lose 30 lbs in 6 weeks, because I've been thinking of getting that one for my dh, because he wants to lose about 20 lbs (lol - he's military, so he's far from overweight, but he wants to lose more, and do it in a fun way, and would prefer to do it at home, since all the time he has to go to the gym is during the peak hours when everyone and their brother is there, and he hates that)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010