Baby cries when mommy leaves

Ok my baby girl cries when I leave. Even if I leave her with family members like my mom,sister etc. Even when she goes to school now!! Please anyone with advice tell me. She's bout to be 3yrs old in June. Will she grow out of it or what? Its like I can't go anywhere wit out her cryin.

ninanene29

Asked by ninanene29 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They all do ....just put the baby down and walk away. lol
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I agree, it is a phase. She will stop. She is probably fine after 5 or less minutes.
    Anonymous

• I disagree. She is letting you know she is too young to be away from you. A two year old doesn't need to go to "school", she needs to be with her mother. A child this age doesn't have a good grasp on the concept of object permanence. They don't know that things that are gone can come back. When you are gone, she doesn't know you will come back. It's like you are dead to her. At this age children don't have a good concept of time. They don't know that you will be back in an hour vs a day.

I never left my kids until they were ready. Some toddlers can be left with family memebers that they have always been around. Some children aren't ok being away from mom until they are 5 or older. My 18 mo grandson has always been ok with me but I was there when he was born and I have always been part of his life.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Totally normal, and to be honest LOTS AND LOTS of kids at 3 cry...my Younger daughter still weeps when I leave her with dad and I am running errands.

I taught Pre-K for years and Lots of them would cry...even now I have 2 FRIENDS who I watch their kids, and they are here EVERY DAY and still cry as soon as mom/dad leave its over and they are running and laughing.

As far as object permanence, at 3 years old they know mom will be back, more than anything it is just eating at you, kind of their way of letting you know they want YOU!

Try taking as a sweet gesture, they are in good hands... remember that someday soon they wont even want you saying good bye...

And I totally disagree with Opp at 3 years they should be in school...both my girls are/were for 2 1/2 hours a day and LOVED IT
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Pretty normal. Some kids have a tougher time separating from their parents than others. She will get use to your leaving. Despite the temptation, try not to sneak away. You should leave openly, tell you her goodbye and when you're going to return (in terms she can grasp). Then leave. Try not to linger if you can avoid it. If she continues to cry for a long time after you've left, you might try letting her bring something familiar with her to "keep her company".
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Thanks 4 the advice.

ninanene29

Answer by ninanene29 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010