Do mothers in 2010 REALLY think that formula is "just as good" as breast milk?

...because it's not that "breast is best" ...it's that formula is deficient. Choosing to formula feed when you have functioning breasts is like choosing McDonalds for your children when there is free organic produce.
Don't we get that yet America???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• I am an avid breastfeeder, but still think this post is meant to cause drama....
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• show me where this free organic produce is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Organic doesn't mean that they don't use any pest control and often times they use things that are potentially more harmful than what we currently use on produce....... BUT you can look that up in an episode of BULLSH!T...
    On the subject of breast being best... Yes breastmilk does supply your baby with natural immunities up to six months of age, after that there is nothing better about it. One can also argue that breastmilk is only the healthiest choice if the mother is eating and drinking the proper nutrition. If a mom eats foods that are high caloric, high in saturated fats, and high in sodium than her child ingests those things as well. The same goes for if they drink soda, tea, coffee, and artificial fruit juices instead of WATER, milk, and 100% juice. So, are you telling me that if an obese mother who consumes what I've discussed breastfeeds it is a better option than if she uses formula? I disagree.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• no, it's not as good. but it all depends on your own life and what the mother and father believe is in the best interest of the child and the family. you know what? it's a free country, so i'll screw up my kids, and you screw up yours!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes, mothers DO still believe that. And they will continue to do so as long as the medical professionals keep pushing it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i do think breast milk is best, we all know that.
    i did formula feed though. im not gonna lie or try and make an excuse for myself - i was young, selfish and lazy. after being pregnant for 8 months, having a c section, and taking care of a newborn, and being a full time college student, and having problems with my SO, i just didnt have it in me to breastfeed. plus my son was 6 weeks early, so i couldnt just pop him on my nipple, because he would get too tired, so i had to put him on my nipple to keep my nipple stimulated, and then i still had to pump every time. it was just too much. i did it for 3 weeks and then i just couldnt do it anymore. but i wish i could of, and when i have my next child, i will try again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Hey Anonymous.... did anyone ever let you in on a little secret... here... let me..... My kids won't be ignorant enough to let your kids screw them up. Knowledge is power and having the ability to use it is a gift. You should unwrap yours.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• LOL wow...OP here...NOT causing drama..ACTUALLY wanting to know!!!

Well..I guess I'm sampling some of America right?
    Just had a "debate" with a friend who argued the old " my kid is fine" ...and I just can't understand the Russian roulette!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yeah, so that is your opinion Hon. Who cares what the hell you think. My kids were formula fed AND THEY BOTH HAVE ALLERGIES and sickness..> OMG. Get a life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2010