I'm thinking about getting hydroxy cut advance... so?

I've read mostly good reviews, and i need something to help me just not want to eat and boost my energy. I really need/want to loose weight... and really that is my only health issue. I am otherwise doing fine health-wise. Has anyone tried it? (plus it doesn't cost THAT much!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Hubby tried it...along with every other diet pill out there.

ALL failed. They whittle wallets, not waistlines. There is no substitute for eating right and exercising.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Don't do it... instead adjust your eating habits... change what you eat and how you eat in order to alter your motabalism naturally. Excersize should consist of light weight, high reps and plenty of cardio. This could be a good walk at first or a cardio fitness show on t.v. after work. (They're actually fun once you get going)
    Try eating solid whole grains when you eat breads or pasta, but only eat these things sparingly. Up your protein intake: FISH, CHICKEN. Stay away from highly processed foods and fattening foods like freezer/microwave meals, doritos, soda, sweet tea, donuts, large amounts of salad dressing, mayo, etc.
    Hope this helped. (Cooking isn't all bad when you're eating healthy... and veggies and fruits are key elements for you to stay strong and energetic)
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP HERE: I have been exercising and trying to eat healthier (whole wheat pasta, etc) and it just comes down to I dive into my son's gold fish or something...i feel ravenous. I get an inkling of hunger and I go nuts. I had to take adderall for awhile and that suppressed my appetite and i lost a ton of weight. so i AM exercising and eating healthier foods in general... its that when those times his (every day!!! ug!) i feel like i can't stand it. i feel like a smoker trying to quit cold turkey...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Increase your proteins. Those WILL make a difference. WHole wheat pasta ios fine but it's carbs...you'll get hungrier faster. Nuts, eggs, meats...anything protein. Even protein bars.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• As far as weight loss goes, anything you can buy at GNC will not work! They are too afraid of lawsuits! Don't waste your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Look into the Abs diet or the Eat Clean diet, they are both great, they aren't really "diets" just healthy balanced eating. Those pills MIGHT work but only temporarily and you risk messing up your metabolism and being worse off when you stop using them.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You need to learn self-control if binge-eating is a problem. A pill will not solve that for you, it's just a temporary "fix", and a dangerous one at that. You can't stay on it forever, so when you stop taking it, you're going to have the same problem you did before. My advice is to learn to control your intake; it can be done, I've done it myself. It depends on how committed you are to your lifestyle. Sorry, I don't mean for this to sound harsh in any way, but diet pills are NOT the answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I am convinced the reason I now have high blood pressure is hydroxy cut. When I weighed 215lbs and ate terrible, my bp was 120/80. I started losing weight, when I got to 190lbs, I started taking it, hoping to boost my weight loss. I continued to lose, but at the same rate. Stopped taking it, my weight loss continued w/ my original efforts. Went to the Dr for a physical...BP now 140/85 normally. Even though I am now 145 lbs and completely healthy in all other regards, bp is high. Haven't been able to reduce it, about to go on meds. My advice? Don't do it! Its NOT worth it!
    Anonymous