How many books do each of your kids have?

Today I saw a cute little book case for toddlers, I had to laugh because my younger two have enough books to fill 10 of those little shelves. I would guess they have around 200 books, probably more.
My older son (11) has around close to 500.
Both my husband and I are avid readiers and have a huge number of books as well.
Also my MIL is a librarian, and she has given our boys the majority of the books they own, so I know we are probably abnormal with the number of book we have.
So I am wondering how many books normal kids have.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• my 15 month old has about 50 that are age appropriate but last summer at a yard sale someone had 4 boxes of kids books(up to like age 12) for 10 bucks. i snatched them up and sent some to my neice and nephew. if you count those books he has like 250 or so.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 12:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• They don't have individual books, they share everything. But they have enough books to fill an adult sized bookshelf. Now that my oldest is reading on his own, I plan to buy him at-least one new book a week, depending on how fast he reads them. My version of an allowance, but it can only be spent on books.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We have almost outgrown our home due to the books we have. :( Time to weed some out!
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have more then enough books and have them in storage because we don't have the room for more book cases...I love books! and so do the kids..i don't want to part with what i have but then again what use are they if they are in boxes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Too many to count. I have shelves full of the ones we are reading now, and boxes full of books to grow into. I seperate them into grade level boxes and pull out new ones each year. I take the old ones to the used book store and trade them in for more books.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I would say my 2 year old has around 20 books :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• ONly about 50. We go to the library and check out books instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We don't have individual books....all books are shared. We have about 300 children books.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My daughter just turned 2 and she LOVES books, I would guess she has 100+ books, we haven't been buying as man lately because we're running out of space for them, she needs another book case I guess, she's filled the 3 shelves in the one she has.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• He has a bookcase and Dad and I have a bookcase.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 2:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010