I'm really worried

Ok I haven't had a normal cycle since October I had a tubal ligation and my cycles are normally heavy and I have been having light spotting . I have had fluttering in my stomach Ive taken hpt and at the dr office an blood test all negative. stomach is getting bigger and I am gaining weight in spite of me eatting right and exercising. Is it possible to be pregnant with neg test even though I have had my tubes tied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's possible. Nothing is 100%. I actually had a couple that got pregnant, even though she'd had a tubal, and he'd had a vas! It's very rare, but yes, it's possible. How late are you?
    A tubal won't affect your hormones, so I don't know what to tell you about the cycle changes, however, if you got pregnant in October, by now, you would have had a positive pregnancy test, one way or another. You might get a thyroid test done. I'm not calling you crazy, but psychosomatic symptoms can be very real, such as the weight gain, and feeling the fluttering. If you were far enough along to have fluttering, you would definitely have had a positive pregnancy test by now.
    If you are still concerned with what's going on, give your doctor a call and see what he/she has to say.
    Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I second the PP about the possibility of a thyroid issue. I'd have that checked out ASAP. Although a pregnancy can happen even after a tubal, it's still pretty rare.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2010