How can I get my 7 month old to sleep through the night?

Soniasmum

Asked by Soniasmum at 2:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure he or she is feed and changed .Also how long of naps is he or she taking? and how many naps? limit the nap time
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Make sure that he/she has a full belly right before bed. Usually at this age it is because they want to eat and that wakes them up. I would try something heavy thick cereal or something like that. Just be careful that it is not something with sugar such as fruit because that can keep them up :) Good Luck

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Many thanks for your suggestions. Jason naps around 12 for 45 minuted and again around 4 pm for 45 mins. I also give him cereal at night but he still wakes up.
    Soniasmum

Answer by Soniasmum at 7:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not all babies sleep a 10-12 hour stretch any time soon. My youngest didn't do that til he was 2 years old. It's considered sleeping through the night if they sleep for 5 hours straight. You cannot, no matter what you do (short of drugging), make a baby sleep as many hours as you want them to if they don't want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Remember that five hours straight IS sleeping through the night. And honestly, nothing YOU do will change his sleep patterns...he has to grow into it. So roll with the changes that will still be happening for a while.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010