Pregnant & Overweight

I am almost done with my pregnancy. When I first got pregnant I actually lost weight instead of gained it. I also worked, walked and was able to do anything I wanted. Well, Now i'm pretty much on bedrest and can only do certain things, boredom sometimes makes me overeat I know it's wrong but It does, I try to stay busy like writing etc... but since I've been on bedrest *last 5 weeks?* I've gained about 15-20lbs I'm really worried about it but my doctor isn't...She is just monitoring me for toximia. My question is was anyone here obese/overweight and have a normal and safe pregnancy?And what are some things you did at the end to stop you from gaining weight if you were on bedrest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Okay so I know you say that you are over eating but we all do when you are so far along. Try to eat healthy!

Also yeah I agree with your doctor about watching you for toximia. The major sign of Preeclampsia/toximia is rapid weight gain. You can PM me if you like. I was on bed rest too for Preeclampsia and I so know who boring it can be. We can chat it will give you something to do other than over eat lol!

:)
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• So sorry for what you're going through! I weigh now what I weighed when I delivered both of my children. I hope to not gain a lot of weight with this pregnancy b/c I want to be able to take it all off when I give birth. Try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I find that yogurt helps when I crave ice cream. Good Luck
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yeah if you do get bored and wanna eat, make sure it's really healthy like nuts and fresh fruit and try new recipes. For instance, my favorite snack right now is cream cheese spread and strawberries on a tortilla. I also eat a lot of sunflower seeds and almonds. These foods gives you something to do with your hands so you won't be as bored. I'm 32 weeks and putting myself on bed rest because I don't want to have the baby early so that's what I do with the boredom.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I gain ALOT of weight in my pregnancies. with my 1st I gained 75lb, second I gained 70lb (i still had not lost 25lb from #1) my 3 I gained 55lb and my 4th I also gained 55lb. I was shocked I did not develop GD, or Pre-e!! My babies ended up being huge but very healthy :) I however was extremely uncomfortable and had a hard time even walking towards the end :( Good Luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010