fort bragg

hi,
we just got the order that we will move end of this year to fort bragg...does anyone live/lived there and can give me some informations.....PLS
we got a 6 month old lil boy and i heard its horrible over there.....
so now i am kinda scared......
hope to get some answers

thank ya

melaniehicks

Asked by melaniehicks at 3:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• We have never been stationed in Fort bragg. But we have been to a lot of Posts. My idea is, you make where you live what you want it to be. If you go into it hating it, you will never like it. Go online, google it and the towns and cities by it. To see how it is.

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My ex and I were stationed there for about 9 yrs, I miss it.....it depends on what his MOS and/or unit is to be honest as to how bad it is. My ex is 3rd group SF, I'll send you a friend invite, I still have people there if you're interested.

If it wasn't for our wanting to keep my stepboys close to their bio-mom, DH and I would move back there in a heartbeat! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My husband, myself, my two stepchildren, and the baby in my belly all live 7-10 minutes from Fort Bragg. I have lived in this area my entire life. The area is developing...but its much slower pace here than than average big cities. I would never live in on-base housing because its way to populated with nosey people and they cause marital problems in a heart beat. There are TONS of developments going up because of the large group coming in the summer...which must be you guys! ;)

I grew up about 25 minutes south of Fort Bragg since I was 2 years old. A great "family town" is Hope Mills...thats were my family still lives. They have wonderful recreation sports and fun festivals all year. The town has grown so much and is still a very "country" type living. Fayetteville is very populated with people from every walk of life, from all over the world because of the military base.
    Add me, Id be happy to show ya around! God Bless.
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I live in Raleigh, which is about an hour and a half from Fort Bragg. I dated a guy who lived in a small suburb of Fayetteville, Spring Lake, and I spent a lot of time around there for a couple years. I wasn't in/around the base much but if you are looking at off base housing, I can tell you it's a very nice area. Not a huge city, a little bit country, but very nice.

Answer by missanc at 7:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My ex (when I was still with him) was stationed there just over 20 years ago so some things have probably changed, but I found it to be nice. We lived in Spring Lake in an apartment complex where everyone else was also military, and pretty much everyone helped each other. I found Spring Lake to be quite a friendly area. We stayed out of Fayetteville for the most part, mostly because I would get hopelessly lost, but even then I never had problems with the people that helped me find my way home LOL. Our son was only 4 months old when I first moved there with him so we didn't have to think about schools at that time. We enjoyed going to the parks to play, and our apt. complex often had family activities.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2010