Do you know all the religions in your heritage?

Greek paganism (can't think of the name of hand.)
Southern Catholics of Ireland
Shamanism
Norse paganism
Rastafari
Anglo-Saxon paganism
Jewish
Christian
Mormon
Atheist
Agnostic
Wiccan both practising the craft and not. Though most of them did.
Celtic polytheism
Hellenic Polytheistic Reconstructionism

Out of all your lineage do you follow any of the religions?
If so which one?
I have personally newly chose a mix between two heritages Christian and wiccan.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a daughter of a christian pastor with absolutely no affiliation with any particular religion, other than just loving everyone for who they are and what they believe, I am curious as to how to you have combined wiccan and christian philosophies . No judgement at all, just curious - don't the two completely discount each other? I have no experience with wiccan philosophy so you'll need to use small sentences :-) if you would prefer to be private about your beliefs that's' okay, or you can message me
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Catholic
    Russian Orthodox
    Shamanism
    Protestant

I follow none of those.... I am a Nocturnal Wiccan, leaning towards Kemetic
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My parents are atheists and the rest of my family for generations were Church of England.  I follow atheism.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• On my mothers side, it was Catholic and on my fathers side it was alcohol. I dumped them both for United Methodist, but mainly following Christ.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Native American on my father's side....but they are all Christian, now.
    Mother's side all came from England in the 1700's--they are protestant--now mostly Southern Baptist.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I know going back to my great-great grandparents they were LDS/Mormon(on my moms side)and Im not sure what they were before that.

Dads side was various Christian denominations(Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, then my dad converted to LDS as an adult) and even athiesm(when my grandparents were adults they went to athiesm).

I was Mormon tried and true blue til I was 34 yrs old. Now Im as far as you can get from it(IndoWiccan Witch) but as far as I know thats not in my ancestry although it could be since my family has Scottish/Irish/Danish history.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• myheart
    Actually it's not that hard to combine they have a lot of the same attributes towards thing. The biggest one is harm none. Sabrina and pwnmom help me greatly when I was looking into the conversion. Though I would call it more of finding my home. It fit into what my beliefs already were. Especially the ones that separate me from Christianity.

http://dagwench.tripod.com/christianwitch/my_story.htm

This is more of a testimonial but it has some good links, and explains it well. I can't find the ones sabrina and pwnmom gave me off hand. Sorry.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I can only assume that my distant ancestors practiced paganism due to the location of my ancestral origins of Sweden and Ireland. I do know that more recent members of my family were Roman Catholic, Protestant Christian, and Native American Shaman. I follow none of those religions.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• kelly Christian and Catholic are Irish and Swedish cultures to. Just to let you know. Ireland is where my catholic ancestry comes from. The Norse pagan surprisingly came from England. I did a family tree for my cousin the other day for some church project. I was amazed at how much there was and where they all came from. You could be right with the pagan though. There is a place on line you can find out though. It's religiousancestry.com I think I'll have to double check I did mine at my cuz church library. I'm a Heinz 57 all the way.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Oh, I know that, but thank you. =) I meant my ancient ancestors that predated the spread of Christianity were likely pagan, and I have no way of knowing if or when they converted.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010