Baby quit kicking...? please help!

I am 25 weeks and for 7 weeks my baby has been kicking/moving hard and alot, but the past 4 or 5 days I have felt her maybe once or twice a day and they are very small movements (barely noticable)... is this normal? or should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would be worried if my baby did that. I get worried when she goes an hour without moving around a lot because shes always so active. You should call your Drs office as soon as it opens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• As you get further along there is much less room to move in. This is normal. For your peace of mind you can call your doctor but I am sure you are ok. I got freaked out when this happened to me. If you are really worried try eating something, or drinking cold water or try laying still on your left side and "play lets get you moving" if you are very worried :)

Your doing great HUGS
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yes be worried -call your DR ASAP - Inj the meantime -if it is night time - get a glassw of very cold water with icecubes in it. Drink it.
    Now lie down in a supported position and concentrate - put your hands on your belly. If someone else is there ( DH, SO or friend) ask them to put their hands on your belly too -sometimes others can feel a movement when we can't - now lie still, if you can count 10 movements ina one hour period, most doctors are happy with that. You should still see your doctor tomorrow( please do, it is NOT worth the risk) but tonight do this - if the baby doesn't wiggle at ALL, go to the ER immediately.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Just checking in. Wanted to know how you are doing now? Keep us posted <3
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 6:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• hey anon, bump to sarah, how are u, how's baby?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• When I was pregnant, I found that when I stressed out about feeling the baby move, it caused her to move even less, cuz I was stressed. Definitely drink a glass of water and lie down and try to relax and try not to worry too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Forget the drinking water... My baby moves non stop 24/7. She decided to go transverse last week and ran outta room to move that way. I panicked but my doctor said if water or food wasnt working... Drink Mt.Dew!
    Yea that worked. She started moving like normal 20 mins later.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 8:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Mt Dew wow I gotta try that next time LOL
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 8:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My baby did this when I was around 25 weeks, they weren't as hard or as much... I would lay on my bed for as long as it took and she would finally start moving... I drank oj in the middle of the night and that was a mistake..lol so try some OJ the baby might start moving more for you.... I am 26 weeks almost 27 and she is moving more again... I have noticed though she goes in spirts where a couple days she won't move much and then for the next couple days she moves like a whild child! They say when they are not moving as much they are growing!! I say relax and drink something sugry and lay on your left side for a long time..gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP~ thanks everyone... I went just to the walk in so I didnt have to make an apt and they checked the baby's heart rate, and the doctor said she seems fine, he also said what most of you said that there is less room for her to move around, so thanks alot I feel much better now! :) I guess Im just a worry wort... and Sarahedger thanks for checking up, thats very nice of you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010