I will be 39 weeks tomm,I was just in labor at the hospital for 24 hours, and still was when left..I dilated from 3- 5, and am still in pain, and my doc. sends me home!! Sayin she can't induce to speed it along since it slowed for one more day b/c hospital policy is strict against being induced b4 39 weeks, but i'm on day away..even the nurses were like WHAT!!!! Anyone ever hear of such b.s. I mean my best friend just got induced at the same hospital at 38 weeks a month ago!!

JackieO69

Asked by JackieO69 at 7:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, your doctor should have never sent you home..esp after dialiating to 5 cm...hes an idiot...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• If your water didn't break then you are fine. Walk, try some nipple stimulation, have sex if you feel up to it. Get plenty of rest. Nature will take it's course. If your labor has slowed so much, maybe you just need a break from the stressful hospital environment. Relax.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 7:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree with Devory if your water is not broke then try to relax. Walk, use a yoga ball if you have one and CONGRADULATIONS <3
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Wouldn't you rather labor at home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i would be very happy to have a doctor like that :) getting induced puts you and your baby at risk. good luck and i hope you make some progress but it's normal for things to stall out like this, so you could still have several days left. good luck!!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Its not always easy or comfortable having a baby. Do what you can to speed the process along at home. YOU chose your dr so you cant really complain if she refuses to induce you earlier than your due date as long as nothing is wrong.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well, I disagree with all of you..the doc should have just broke your water bag and let you labor that way...
    Anonymous

• "Well, I disagree with all of you..the doc should have just broke your water bag and let you labor that way..."

maybe you should google risks of arom before you post stuff like that, or maybe you were being sarcastic?
    Anonymous

• Thanks to all..I agree with the fact that I should wait it out..but the only thing that was bothering was the fact that I was already at 5 c.m. and had my other 2 children VERY fast, and my doc. made the comment that HOPEFULLY I could make it back to the hospital in time if my water broke..and to top it off I was discharged late that Tuesday night, had to go see her that Wed. morning, and she said let's induce Friday at 8 a.m.!!!! So..my bundle of joy "Baby Hunter" will be making his "Grand Entrance" sometime Friday if he doesn't decide to come sometime today:)
    JackieO69

Answer by JackieO69 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2010