So since having my daughter 2 years ago on May 2nd I have been having some real issues with my husband, resentment(because I do everything and he wants me to make him a list) and my moods, to top it all off I have entirely lost my sex drive anyone have any information?

My main problems with my husband are mostly about doing daily house chores. He picks and chooses what he helps with and he doesn't pick up after himself. Which he never had any problems doing before I had our daughter. I am feeling serious resentment because he just ignores the things that need to be done at home in the house. For example, we had an agreement before Abbie was born that he would cook and I would clean. Well, I will cook and he will do nothing and he will cook and then expect me to clean the kitchen. I am sure that it doesn't help my sex drive but the thing is I don't have anything at all. What is wrong with me?

cadabbymomma

Asked by cadabbymomma at 8:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• When you have that much stress in your life, it's completely normal to not have any sexual feelings. Our brains are made in a way so that you compartmentalize things and do what you can to save your energy. Sex takes up a lot of energy, and your brain knows it.

I'd suggest marriage counseling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Your sex drive leaving you is normal I have lost mine to and I spoke with my doctor about it and she said that it is normal it happens and it's just our bobys going back to normal and sometimes it can take a few years. For your hubby being a lazy ass I would put my foot down and and speak not argue just talk things out about what you need from him and once you have done that and nothing changes then you can call him on his shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I'd bet the farm that you are deficient in basic vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Low serum levels of zinc and B vitamins are associated with a low sex drive and mood disorders. And in spite of what these fools who have posted before me have said, it isn't normal to have a low sex drive TWO YEARS after the birth of a child. Regarding your communication issues with your husband, did you actually MAKE the list he asked for? Have you made a workable plan for his participation and then stuck to your guns about it?
    Bottom line: Take care of yourself, ask for help at the moment it is needed as well as making him a chore list and insisting he stick to it without criticizing the way he does things, and learn some communication skills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• sounds like you need help around the house. Silly that is what is wrong with you. Also here is the thing women need to feel close all day long in order feel ready for sex at night.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You are definitley normal. And so is he. Make him the lists. It WILL help. Men are list oriented.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2010