What are some ways your can start reading the bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well starting at the start seems the best way.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 8:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I keep one on my bedside table. That way, I can reach for it when I go to bed at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i read a few psalms, proverbs, then start with a chapter or 2 in the old testament and new.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Place a bookmark at Genesis, one at Psalms, and one in Matthew. Read a chapter or two from each every day. Keep a notebook handy and write down what stands out to you. Enjoy!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Try the One Year Bible Online program http://www.oneyearbibleonline.com/ Once I'm done with school, I plan to do this. My Pastor recommended it. Also, get a Bible that's easy for you to read. There are several different versions. They have the ones that have the "old language" and the ones that have more modern language. Just go to your local Christian store, tell them you are interested in getting a Bible and you've never read it before. Trust me, they will feel VERY blessed to help you. I was worried about what they would think of me b/c I have never read it before. They were so kind. They helped me pick an appropriate Bible, gave me some tips on reading it, and even gave me a few free gifts. Good Luck and God Bless.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 9:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I've always heard to start at the new testament. Also, a new living translation is alot easier to understand for first time bible readers...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The beginning.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Anonymous