Illegals can't get Welfare or American Benefits?

I was listening to a local radio show this morning and this illegal calls in to tell him his situation. Carlos says he didn't do anything wrong by coming here. Joe asks why he thinks that. He proceeds to tell him he has a job and he pays taxes and owns a house. Joe asks him how he pays taxes because he needs a SS number to file taxes. Well Carlos tells him he has one, he just made it up. He has been here for 15 yrs on a made up SS number. Thats all it takes for an illegal to get benefits in America.
For those of you who swear illegals can't get welfare or SS or any other benefit they don't deserve, here is your proof that you are WRONG. Carlos also says he paid $2000 in taxes, and got money back at tax time. Thats the free money our government gives out to the 47% of people who end up not paying taxes. Including plenty of illegals. That money could very well have come from you or me. Our tax dollars. Why is that ok?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Those who do not think it goes on are naive.Fake ID'S and SS # are not that hard to come by.My mother works in retail and has seen several fake ID's when carding people for alcohol.She recently was handed a fakkie and took it to her manager who then contacted authorities...turns out the owner of the fakkie was an illegal immigrant.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My cousin works as in interpreter for the County Hospital. They have a program that gives free prenatal care for illegal aliens. Talk about a wonderful giveaway.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Up here they have a special section on the social programs paperwork just for people without SSNs.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• That's just great.

No sympathy for the taxpayer from the azzhole government.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Our school district offers free lunches to "migrant" workers during the summer. One of the school cafeterias makes lunch 5 days a week for a select group of kids. Kids in the ESL are automatically enrolled. This is a big bone of contention where our budget is concerned. They are going to have to cut almost 3 million dollars from next years budget. I have a problem because it isn't fair, it doesn't go by income like the free lunch program. I am quite certain there are plenty of hungry kids NOT in the ESL program and NOT children of migrant workers.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You said he pays taxes so he just got paid what he put into it.

Funny, I always thought America was the melting pot. I don't agree with people taking peoples jobs, but they work hard. My neighbor is one, and they are wonderful hard working people, my daughter and their daughter are best friends. They are very polite, hard workers, just trying to join the melting pot.

If I am wrong please do correct me. I thought that is what America was, land of Freedom?
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not all are here under the best intent..and we have laws so when one comes illegally it is just that illegal and they have then broken the law.If we just ignore our law and order what happens? Well we see the results now look at Arizona...and others
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• how do we actually know, who is illegal and who is not?

People usually think, immigrants are all illegal. It is just sad that it is so hard to come here, yet some don't deserve to be here, but I don't think all of them are like that. Just my opinion.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Of course not all are like that..how do you know if someone is here legally or not check their identification..I have to provide mine if i'm speeding down the road and get caught for example..I have no problem doing so because if I did not have the identification I would not drive until I acquired what is needed by law.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Those who do not think it goes on are naive.Fake ID'S and SS # are not that hard to come by.

- a local plant nursery that I worked for as a teenager had PLENTY of illegals working for them. They had a whole file cabinet full of ID's and SS#. They just kept reusing the same ones when new workers came in to replace the ones that left.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2010