what do you think of young people getting married?

getting married right out of highschool? I'm hoping that my daughter gets smart before getting her diploma, this boy is the center of her world even though they only see each other like weekly. He keeps posting shit about hoping her parents will let her get married. I told her this morning at 18 (after she graduates) its her stupidity if she gets married but if the punk is thinking about asking to marry her before then she better inform him it won't be a wise thing to do. My motto on marriage is marriage should have the same age limit as alcohol, if you aren't old enough to drink you damn sure ain't old enough to take on marriage!!!! So, what do you ladies think about marring so young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• We got married at 18, a few months after we graduated high school. It was what was right for us. We have been married over 8 years now. Very happy and just had our first child. Just because you get married young doesn't mean you are going to ruin your life. We made sure my husband got his college education, a good job, and a home we owned before thinking of children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We started dating when I was 15, had our first kid when I was 18, got married when I was 20. 9 years and 4 more kids later we are still together.  We have never been on PA, I went to college, we own 2 homes, I have been a SAHM the whole time, our kids are happy healthy and smart, we are happy. Nothing wrong with getting married young.  Obviously my life wasn't ruined.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• maybe it works for some people but if i had gotten married at such a young age i know it wouldve failed. I was too immature.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I didn't get married till I was 22, but everyone I know that got married right out of highschool are divorced (and we haven't had our 10 year reunion yet). I agree if you can't legally drink you shouldn't be aloud to make a commitment like marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• if ONLY i had gotten married out of HS!!! My life would have turned out SOOOOOO freaking different.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i think you are an idiot. i met my husband in high school, he proposed to me at prom. Graduated high school, moved in together, got married and started a family by the time i was 19. We've been together for 5 years, married for 3 and honestly things are amazing. I couldnt ask for a better best friend husband and father to my children. Some people can handle commitment, obviously you couldnt and i think you are incredibly rude for saying such things...

In todays society people get married and have familys YEARS after they did in the past... now theres divorces, cheating, scandal... all while there was very very little in the past... so i think that getting married younger and having children younger, are all very wise decisions that show a great deal of maturity which this post obviously lacks.
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 9:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't agree with it if they love each other that much they can wait. I would talk to her and him about it.

LOVE CAN WAIT!!!

Great for the couples who did it and are making it. Love comes in all ages, but I would talk to my daughter and him and ask that they wait a little longer.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• How young are you rfering to? I have a friend who is now 60, but married at 12 years old. Her mom died giving birth to her and her dad married her to his best friend who was 30 years old. Neither were mature enough to get married.

I feel that maturity comes at many ages. Some people are not mature enough at 30, while others are mature at 16.

My grandma married at 15, and she and grandpa were mature and made a wonderful marriage and strong family
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• grandmas and grandpas were mature then because they were forced to be. They had to take care of there 8 or 10 brothers and sisters and do farm work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We got married when I was 18 .. and that was 21 years ago now!
    But, we were both pretty mature for our age, and both sets of parents supported us. We knew that we still needed to "grow up", but we grew up together. Hes my hubby and best friend all rolled into one :)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010