liver

I am on so many meds i am so worried about my liver. Anything i can do to keep it healthy besides buying a cleanse?? thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• talk to your doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• A "cleanse" won't help your liver. Talking to your doc/pharmacist will offer you more help than anyone here can. If you're so worried, why not cut back on your meds? Drinking plenty of water will help too, and not drinking any alcohol or caffeine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Cleanses won't help. If you're taking a lot of hepatotoxic drugs, I suggest you talk to your dr about changing or weaning off.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree with the previous posters. Talk to your doctor about your concerns. If you are taking a lot of hepatotoxic drugs, it can cause a drug-related type of hepatitis. To keep the effects in check, your doctor should be performing liver enzyme tests frequently. I have had issues with fluctuating liver enzymes and through a LOT of testing and appts, we have just about narrowed it down to being due to medications I was on at the time of the elevated levels. And no, I don't think cleanses will help.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Milk Thistle is a natural liver protectant.......... comes in capsules or liquid
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 2:12 PM on May. 5, 2010