• In the Spotlight:

I have bad pain in and around my belly button but it is NOT gas, what could it be?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• well it is under pregnancy...... anyhoo it could jsut be your skin stretching and making your belly hurt, be more specific
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I had this same tender spot around my belly button. It hurt quite a bit, but my doc told me it was normal. I guess you could call it "growing pains" Everything is stretching for you right now.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The first thing that came to my mind was "gallbladder" but I think that pain would be up higher. I'm not sure but I'd call the doctor on it. Could be nothing, could be something. They may want you to come in to check ya out. Hope everything is okay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Call your dr. We are not medical professionals, do not know your medical history, and have not examined you. Pain around the belly button can indicate gallbladder or apendicitis. Or, you could just be experiencing normal pregnancy discomforts. You really should just call your dr.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• ThrivingMom, I know you are not medical professionals, never said you were just thought I would try and see what OTHER MOM'S THOUGHT ABOUT IT...Not a big deal I don't know why people have to come on and say stupid stuff like that...

Anyway.......... Yes I am pregnant I am 26.5 weeks sorry I didn't say that..lol

I go to the doctor tom. so I didn't really want to call them since I will see her in less then 24 hours.. Just thought I would get some advice..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i had this when i was pregnant and i would say that is normal especially it u are further along...the bigger i got the more tender it was..the skin around there is stretching and everything and i would hurt if i pressed uo against the conter or something..
    luvnmybabies05

Answer by luvnmybabies05 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010