DO you have a child that just flat out refuses to drink water like mine?

My oldest loves water.Requests a glass of water over anything else, especially when its a hot day.The younger one though is the virtual opposite. You put water in her cup and she acts like you've poisoned her.I have even went all day and only gave her water and nothing else to drink.After 24 hours of her not drinking anything, I just got scared she was going to dehydrate herself!
So the other day,I bought bottled flavored water. Not my ideal choice..but hey, its water. and guess what? I think I have tricked the little booger. She will actaully drink it! I won't give up trying with regualr water but its good to know that SOMETHING works.
So, do you have a water rebellion like mine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lucky, flavored water didn't trick my kid. He refuses to drink any water unless it comes out of the water bottle of if its in an adult glass.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• nope, well not yet anyways my dd is like your oldest but idk about the baby yet, he probally won't like it though lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not with my kids, but my neice was like that. She wouldn't drink if it wasn't juice. Her mom started putting 1 oz of 100% juice in her sippy and filling it the rest of the way with water - so for every ounce of juice, she was getting 8-10 oz of water. MUCH better than bottled flavored water IMO - that stuff typically has high fructose corn syrup, or insane amounts of sugar, or artificial crap in it. I'd rather give 1 oz of juice a few times a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• LOL...no, there is not sugar added in the flavored water. 0-calories,0 fat,0-sodium,0-carbohydrates,0-sugars,0-protein
    ingrediants are carbonated water,citric acid potassium citrate.I do the water to juice ratio too. IT tricks her SOMETIMES. If I put too much water in it or she SEES me putting water in it, forget..shes not drinking it,lol.
    Kids can be so stubborn.grrr. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• NOPE thank goodness! My dd (age 3.5 loves water!) always has.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i use the juice and water trick, sometimes it works, he also likes water if its mine or in a water bottle.
    Chucksmom1020

Answer by Chucksmom1020 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• DS doesn't like water very much. But he will drink it if its from a water bottle that he gets to hold (and usually spill a lot of at some point). I also do the juice/water combo. He never even fights that.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• my 3yo will drink it but my 12mo will only drink it if it's from my cup or bottle which inevitably leads to a soaking wet baby or chunks of something in mamas water lol
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 7:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010