How do I tell my mother and MIL that...

I wont be staying long for her wedding.
My mom is getting married September 25th and My daughter starts preschool in September also. SO my new plan is to only go to California for a week or just the weekend.I have to go because IT is my mothers wedding and I am part of the wedding.I was going to stay for a month but that was before I realized my daughter is starting school. I am supposed to be staying with my MIL and I know she is really excited.I just dont know how to tell them its going to be less then planned? :/Would you be upset if I was your daughter or daughter in law? :(

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, as a mother yourself your child comes first surley they'll understand
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• hey you do what you can! i understand its your moms wedding and you rmil will be disappoiinted but you just say, im sorry but i can only stay the weekend. i wasnt paying attention to the time frame and my dd has to start school in sept and i just cant stay as lon as i planned. maybe you could go back to their houses when your dd has a break from school.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I would just tell her and she should understand that starting school is a big deal.Maybe if you wanted her to, she could come to stay with you and watch her grandchild go to school the first day.If your moms are good moms, they will understand.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I WISH they could come visit me.Im 3000 miles away.Im LUCKY they live in the same town but that means 2 hearts to break at 1 time :/ My mom has never been in a plane lol and my MIL doesn't have anymore leave left because she used to to see her daughter graduate boot camp in Feb...
    UGH...I just feel bad :(
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think if you told them what you just wrote here, they'd understand.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Tell them you didn't think when you said you'd come for that long. Surely they have to understand school.
    Anonymous