Is there ever a good time to add another baby to the family??

Were thinking of having another baby while my husband is still in the military because the insurance is great! But we have a 3 year old and I'm afraid he won't be ready for a new baby.. Are my reasons silly for a new baby??

Parkersmama138

Asked by Parkersmama138 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's a perfect time. The World Health Org recommends waiting 3 years before ttc for your body to heal so a baby has an adequate womb environment. Your 3-4 year old will be old enough to be easy to care for and doesn't need the same kind of physical attention a toddler needs. When you wait until the older sib is 5 years I think it is too long. The kids have a harder time having a close relationship because the age difference is so big that they don't have similar interests.

My oldest 2 are 3 years apart and for me it was perfect. They are now 30 and 27 and best of friends. Then there is a 5 year gap and my youngest is 22. He has always felt left out. My sister and I are 5 years apart and we never had a relationship.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• To he honest, I don't think you can ever really be ready for a baby.You can think you are , but every baby is different.Like some sleep all night and are just little angels,and others NEVER sleep .I don't think you can be 100% ready.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Thank you guys!
    Parkersmama138

Answer by Parkersmama138 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• As fas as being in the military goes.. Thats exactly what we are doing! My husband is going to basic training soon, so we are TTC now and we are hoping i get pregnant before he leaves, that way ill be pregnant while hes gone and he'll be here for the birth. Also my daughter is 3 years old and i think she will do great with a baby! Now is the perfect time!
    Anonymous