Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.

What do you think of this?

I wonder how many Christians read an offensive post and keep on moving without responding or throwing back insults.

The amazing thing about Christianity is 70% of Americans are Christians, yet we don't know how most of them take on hostility. We only focus on those that are loud.

I am going to strive and pray to be more like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am currently trying to change myself. i tend to be judgemental but then get mad at people for judging others. stupid i know! its hard to do and when i find myself starting to judge i say, dont dont do it. dont be so judgemental. im hoping to overcome it
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Good for you!

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• and in your own scriptures, states clearly "A god"... one of many, many, many whom could be sought out- and NOT the most peaceful, loving, kind one at that.

Perhaps the answer to hostility lies NOT in christianity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I remember it, but there is a difference in arrogance and self defence or truth. I'm not blatantly rude, and try not to be, but I'm human. It's a good goal though and I am happy for you to strive for it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I try not to lash out at people or judge, it's just not nice. I get criticized all the time because of my faith, but I think it's ok because everyone has a right to how they feel and if they dont like me because i'm a JW, then that's fine with me, I will still care for them.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Fortunately for me, this biblical injunction is aimed at christians...NOT atheists. The bible speaks several times about avoiding pride and arrogance and yet so many christians display these undesireable traits. It should be a distressing thing for all christians to see these behaviors in their fellow believers.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I wonder what the fear is in those who felt the need to criticize Christians here.
    Anonymous

• I'm not blatantly rude, and try not to

With all due respect, this is how you are often perceived as
    Anonymous