I still say a church steeple with a lightening rod on top shows a lack of confidence.

Agree? disagree?

There is a Catholic Church in Atlanta that had a lower case T on it lighting hit the top of cross forming a perfect capital T. (forgot the Greek words for this)

It was never repaired as the church clergy decided the lighting was an act of God to correct the Cross. The top part is on display in the church.

Does your church has a lightning rod? Our doesn't and it is the tallest building in the area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Huh? Lack of confidence...in what?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• LMAO.... I would think that every church should have a dozen, to prevent everyone from getting killed when someone says "If I am wrong, let lightning strike me dead"
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Hail to ZEUS! Mighty pervayor of lightening!
    Anonymous

• I could kinda agree with that. I don't have "A church" My old one didn't though.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Most of the beautiful ones still around here have Neat crosses or such on them. I Love old churches and steeples. They so move me! Around here like 100 years ago many of our old nicer churches were burned by fires. And some were churches of pure beauty. So maybe they needed lightning rods on them. Depends on the builders maybe. All I know is any old spectacular church lost in a fire or any thing like that is a huge loss of history, beauty and all.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Churches aren't exempt from following federal and state building codes...I think mostly, it's just the builders following the laws of the land.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Someone commented earlier that the Pope riding around in a limo with a bullet-proof glass dome doesn't show a lot of faith or confidence in his god, either!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

shows a lot of confidence in the material God provided and the brains of man to protect us with the materials provided by God.
    Anonymous

• "Someone commented earlier that the Pope riding around in a limo with a bullet-proof glass dome doesn't show a lot of faith or confidence in his god, either!!"

That's being realistic and if anything shows a lack of "faith" for his fellow man.
    Anonymous

• When lightning struck the cross, and if formed a cross that looked like a capital T, what it formed was a traditional Franciscan cross. That is why it was left that way. If it is the church I'm thinking of, it is a church built and ran by Franciscans so it was a neat thing to happen, so they left it that way.....however, they do have a lightning rod now.....and no, I don't think it shows lack of faith. It shows common sense....God never made any promises about not allowing churches to get struck by lightning.....in fact, without a lightning rod, it happens all the time...that is a superstition, not an act of faith.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010