earmuffs at concert

During the summer we have an outdoor area close to my house which has small free concerts. A lot of families go and I'd like to go with my LO. He's almost 6 months old now and am wondering about the noise level. It gets pretty loud there. Do any of you know what I can use to cover his ears and where I can get it?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babies do not belong @ concerts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• We just took my 18 mo grandson to an Owl City concert in Phoenix and he had a BLAST! He loves music and we watch music videos on the computer. Owl City's Fireflies is one of his favorite songs. Ear plugs were required for kids under 5 or 6, I forget the exact age.

We live in Tucson and I called every music store and they didn't have ear protection for toddlers or babies, they had never even been asked. I took the kind of swimming ear plugs you mold to fit the ear. I told my grandson all the music guys have to wear ear plugs. I was surprised that he left them in. I checked every half hour of so to make sure they were still in place.

You might try eBay or other places online. If you can't find anything else you could use what I used.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Don't take a baby to a loud place like that, if it's nearby sit outside and enjoy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I forgot to add that they checked at the door to make sure you had ear plugs. It would have sucked to not have been able to get in if you didn't have them!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Thanks, Anonymous, for the great answer. You may have misunderstood the setting. This isnt a typical concert. This is a grass area which has live music playing during the day for a couple of hours. Families from the neighborhood come with lawn chairs to enjoy the outdoors and socialize. The majority of the people that go have children which come and enjoy themselves, as well.
    As a caring mom, I would like to cover my son's ears even though I dont see other children with their ears covered. I just want to take extra precautions.

If you can't answer my question, please save the judgements for yourself...
    Munchkin09

Answer by Munchkin09 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Of course babies can go to concerts. I was a breastfeeding mama that took my 3 babies everywhere with me. We lived in a city that had outdoor concerts and there were lots of babies. There are so many moms on cm that don't keep their babies with them all the time.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• If it's outdoor concerts, sit back far enough that the volume isn't an issue for baby - no need to sit up front and close to the speakers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I suggest ear plugs. Your LO may object to them, so practice w/ them at home first. I take my boys pretty much everywhere w/ me, but we've never been to a concert together. They enjoy the monster truck shows and BMX racing. They have to wear the earplugs though!!!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2010