Does anyone have any funny/unique birth stories to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm. I remember i was so eager to get my son out of me those last few weeks i tired everything. Even castor oil, and that was terrible and didnt work.lol I ended up geting induced starting from 0. I wasnt dilating at all. I went in at 7pm monday night.Finally tuesday afternoon i was finally to like 2 or 3 and my water broke. My first epidural didnt work. I was horribly miserable for about an hour. Then the second one kicked in and I was feeling ok. Later on my dh stepped out for a few minutes, and it happened so fast. The nurse turned me to a different position, and my sons heart rate dropped. All the sudden there were about 5 nurses all running around me. They put oxygen on me. I was freaking out. Then the doctor came in about ten minutes later and said he was going to put a internal monitor on the babys head. And reached in and was like when did you last check her. And the nurse said that I was at a 6 about 20 minutes befor
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 2:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• and the doctor was like oh well I can feel the head so no need for the monitor. And he put my legs up in the stirups and was like lets start pushing. I was like ummmm but my dh isnt in here. lol But they let him in and took about 30 min. I was in labor for 29 hours. He was born wed morning at 12:17. Dont know how funny it is. But its a story for you.hehe
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 2:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My 1 year old was born on my birthday, 3 weeks before her due date and it wasn't planned and I wasn't induced. She just decided "today is the day!"
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• when they put me under the anesthesia for my c-section i puked all over my hair and fell asleep on it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Other than I was so hot in delivery, I needed the air on in May. They set it to 50 so I could be comfortable (I was still hot). All of my family was walking around in blankets draped over their heads...looked like they were from India or is it Arabia (no offense). They would take turns leaving the room to warm up. when I was ready to push, the doc ordered the temp turned up so baby wouldn't get chilled.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My son was born by emergency c section at 33 weeks(. I was put on hospital bed rest rest at 32 weeks). The day I went into labor, the city I was in was having severe storms from a hurricane. I went into labor just after my hubby left to go to work. My baby's heart dropped to 20 beats a minute and I barely had time to call my husband to let him know we were having an emergency section and I would be having our baby in five minutes. I was whisked away to the OR. I was shocked to find hubby waiting for me at the OR. He had speed through the streets of Atlanta with inches of water standing on the streets. He had to wait for the docs to prep me for surgery. My husband is always there for me. He will move heaven, earth and hurricanes to meet my needs.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• my mother got stuck in the elevator the night i got induced. i thought that was the funniest part of the whole experience.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010