Do you get the daily amount of water that you need?

So I'm having some serious trouble drinking the amount of water that you need daily. The 8 glasses! I rarely drink anything. I could go all day on basically just a swallow. I've tried the Crystal light packets and sugar free kool aid but it's still hard. Does anyone drink that much water everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do. I drink it through a straw. Its easier that way. I dont fool with bottles. In my head it seems that im consuming more at a time. Remember that it doesnt have to be just plain ol water. Tea counts too, so if you have coffee in the morning maybe you should switch over to tea and drink a cup or 2.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP here: I would do the tea thing, but I don't like the taste of tea at all! lol.. So that wouldn't really work nor do I drink coffee! I guess I'll just have to suck it down! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I drink much more. I live in the desert and always have water with me. They changed the 8 glasses of water recommendation. There is no science to back the recommendation and now you can drink to thirst. The only thing you should drink is water. Even juice has problems associated with it. Juice raises blood sugar in a way that increases the chance of developing diabetes. I "risk" one glass of juice a day. Artificial sweeteners make you crave calories and have problems associated with them. Of course sugar in soda is bad. Some teas and a little coffee may be ok.

You can experiment and try to get yourself to like water. I like water best with "store bought" ice in a stainless steel insulated mug.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Some days yes, some days no. I don't drink a lot of water though, I usually get it with other liquids. I find I drink more if I use a huge mug (I have a few hospital mugs, roughly 32 oz each) but not with a straw, or my camelbak or a similar bottle that's always with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I drink roughly 100 oz of water a day. It took awhile to be able to do it but I can.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I know I don't and I also know i need to start.....Soda is a bad habit to break.
    mother_crow82

Answer by mother_crow82 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I'm addicted to soda and don't drink the water I should. Remember a glass of water is only 8 ounces.
    Anonymous