Mamas with nipple piercings....

I got mine pierced in October and I would Like to change the jewelry now. The thing is is that they still hurt sometimes. Told nipples never really heal :<
anyways: How long did you wait to change the Jewelry?Did you go to a shop and have them change them?If not where did you find jewelry that was not from some cheap store or did you go cheap? I have other piercings but my nipples are a bit different lol.
Thanks for any advice lol

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• oh God !!! never did anything like that , would never do so have no idea !! sorry ! lolz, good luck in making a decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I peirced my own lol oh god that was fun... anyways I changed it as soon as it could slide on its own because I had just a huge safety pin in it, I just bought my jewelry from the dollar store lol but I dont get infected easily so it was fine for me... I can also leave it out for 3-4 months without any problems, but I had it done for almost 5 years. So if it looks like it can slide in and out good, you should be fine to change it.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 10:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I had mine pierced and I waited 8 weeks to change them (they gave me hoops and I wanted barebells). I ALWAYS buy my body jewelry from hot topic and if you don't have one local then you can order from online. But I changed them myself and I admit it was a bit weird and it hurt moving it around to get it through the other hole. If you aren't comfortable about changing then I'd go back to the peircer...a lot of people I know that have them peirced did. And mine hurt ALL the time...especially if I brushed against anything. I finally took mine out (3yrs later) because the body does start to push them out and you might notice after some time goes by they seem to be moving upward.
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 10:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i just got my done friday be 1 week so no i havent changed them when they piericed me they put barbells no hoops. Im not even thinkn about changing mine no time soon im too scared!
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 11:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I think i waited almost a year to change mine but I would have changed them earlier but I ripped the on slightly so I waited for it to heal . .but they do heal it just takes a long ass time
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Go to your local tat/piercing emporium, they have a pretty good selection. If you can, I would go Titanium, it is the least reactive, and helps in preventing infection.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree with ObbyDobbie.. the tattoo shop is the best place to get them. Realize though if you go from barbells to hoops or vice versa it will hurt some because the shape of the hole through the inside of your nipple will be different. The best way to do it is to hold the new ring right up to the side of the one you are taking out and keep them together to help you fish it through (as you pull one out you are moving the other in!) Bactine will help any pain or discomfort too.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010