how would you react?

If your child got bit 4 times in 10 months at a licensed daycare center, how would you react? mad and take him out? or realize this is a stage/phase and let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Take him out,
    usually the first time a written warning to the parents.
    Second time: they tell them he is suspended-believe it or not-.
    Third time he is expelled.

My kids day care was the best. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Take him out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i would report it everytime and expect that if it didnt stop happening they would kick the biting child out of the daycare program.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It is a phase, but how many times are you willing to let it go? I would complain, and if nothing is done, take him out.

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Opps I just realize something if the day care didn't do anything kick them out,

How was he displined, did the parents know.

If so and they tolerate biting then that day care is not for your child
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Long time ago I had a similar problem.He was 3.He kept gettin bit by the same kid.I complained to the preschool.Nothing was ever done.the teacher took me to the side and told me the kid biting him had ADHD and they won't do anything about it.the next day I told my 3 yr old to not put up with it and to defend himself.And I told him he wouldn't get in trouble with me.
    So the next day, I pick up my son.the ADHD kid is laying in the floor with a big knot on his forehead.and my son is in the corner.Denying completely that he hit him.( he did).but after that the biting problem was fixed.I am not condoning fighting.but sometimes you have to defend yourself.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It's a phase. My DD has a friend at daycare who is a biter. He loves my daughter, but he can't help it! He gets really excited to see her and bites her! We took her to his house for a playdate and I saw him do it. They're only 13 mos so it's not like he's vindictive. Our Center is great, they can only do so much to stop the biter.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Kids bits, it's just part of life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Sorry, I meant 'bite.'
    Anonymous

• I would take him out, but thats just me. I also hate daycare centers so maybe im bias.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2010