Moms with one child... Does having one make you feel complete? or do you ever wish you had more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm completely happy with our one child
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I didn't have my son to feel complete I was that before marriage and before I had a child. I am happy and content as a mother with only one child. He is a great kid and our family life is very rich and full. We wanted to have more initially but as time went on it really wasn't a priority we enjoy our small family and the simple life we have.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Nope, totally happy with 1, in fact, if I had more than 1 I think I'd be pretty unhappy with it. Too much work and $$!!!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i wouldnt say i feel empty ...my son makes my life have meaning. I do want more and we are working on that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I love just having one child. Even when i was young, i always said i'm only having one child. My ONE that i do have is such an angel! She is a breath of fresh air. If i had a second, i bet he/she would be the demon spawn...LOL (joke)

I am fine with one child. BUT, i have a very active lifestyle & i do not think i have what it takes to care for more than just one. I would have to change the way i live my life & i'm not about to do that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I never needed another child after my son. six years later I had a daughter, and obviously can't imagimne living without either one... strangely, I wanted anotherbasby after my daughter. and have one coming in september
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I am happy with one, but I feel bad because she is loney. I wish we had a sibling for her sake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have one right now.....and I am at the point where I think I would be totally happy with just 1 child, but that could change in a few years. Having alot of kids would not make me happy-in fact I would be miserable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• When my son asks why we didnt have anymore children my DH and I tell him we just did it right the first time..lol We were very young when we had our son. it was rough and for a long time the thought of another was like nails on a chalkboard. Now that I am older (son is about to be 14) I do miss the little one running around.. but instead of having more we are discussing foster parenting. it is a good choice for us since I dont want 2 got hrough pregnancy again (miserable time 4 me) and there are tons of kids that need caring families. I dont think i feel incomplete in any way.. I just feel like I want to share our love with kids who might not have that right now.
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I Love having 1 child. We always wanted 2 but he was the "demon spawn" as an infant but now at 2-1/2 I just love him SO much that I don't want to share my time or my love with anyone else.. He's everything I could possible need..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010