what r the activities that i can have with my 4 mths baby boy?

Hi I have a 4 mths baby boy and I m a full time mom. Before, I only had to feed him, change him and put him to sleep but now that he start moving around, being curious abt the surrondings, Im affraid that I m missing sth. when I put him in his swing to do smth he start staring at me, making noises to have my attention therefore, I feel guilty. P.S: he likes to play with me all the time and he s not very intresseted to his toys, he can with them only if Im with him or if he s in the car. thank you

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swings, bouncers, activity seats, ect. aren't that good of an idea. They may have their place and if the baby is really fussy all the time and something works then sometimes you have to go with what works. However, they are mama substitutes. For two of my children I didn't have anything like that. All I had was a car seat, a sling, and a carrier.

It's great to put your baby in a sling or carrier and go about your regular activities. You may want to plan your day to avoid crowds to keep stress levels low and decrease chance of illness. Go on outings to the park and places like the zoo. Talk and sing to your baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• DD doesn't really do a whole with her toys either, just turned 4 months. But she will kind of fiddle with them. While I'm cleaning and stuff I prop her up in the chair with a few toys. And I talk to her and engage her. I go to her every 5 min or so and tickle and play with her for a few min. She also likes the noisey things in her crib, the mobile and what not. So if I need like 20 min to do something I just put her in crib and turn it on. She also LOVES mirrors, and just stares and coos.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I got a Pilates & Yoga With Baby DVD to do with my daughter when she was around 3 months. She really liked it. Read to him, play with his toys with him. Take walks, listen to music. If you have to put him in his swing so you can get something done, talk to him about what you are doing.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• He can go in the exersaucer now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• wooow, I just asked my question and I already got 3 answers.this is my 1st time in such a web site.this is awsome!!!! well. thx to u all. I do the same thing jedwards2009 does but I still feel guilty,even with his toys on his rocker he keep looking at me it s like he says:< mama look at me, u left me alone> and he keeps looking at me then stars crying :(
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• mompam: the exercicer?do you the walker?or is there smth else
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i am really big on reading, you can never start too early. also go on walks, my son LOVES the outdoors, it's something different and he gets fresh air which is good for sleeping! I am a full time mom also, and i make sure we do something fun everyday to get out of the house, even if it means going to the mall to walk around- which is fun too.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010