Why is reporting a problem with a toy so difficult??

Awhile back my MIL had put this little enstine fish toy on dd's car seat. It was a big ugly yellow fish with a ring on the bottom that you pulled down to make it make noise or something. Well the night she put it on there I was driving dd home and she started spazing out. She had her hand stuck in the ring!! I got her hand out and threw the toy away. I emailed the company and told them. Now they are wanting the package UPC number, the serial numbers, a picture of the toy... We don't have any of that!! I gave them the name of the toy, exactly what it was. Why isn't that good enough? It was a toy taht said it was to be used for 0 months + and dd was about 2 months old, and her hand got stuck in the ring. Now I wonder how many other people are going to/have had this problem?? I came home and realized she had another toy just like it but it was a duck and I threw that one away too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because the world doesn't care about the safety and health of it's people.... reporting a defective product can cause serious implications to the profits of the companies involved and unfortunately money controls the world. BUSINESS is evil. (Trust me, I'm going to school for it)
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 11:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It could be because they are manufactured in different areas or have parts that are manufactured in different areas. They need to know exactly where that one came from to trace the problem. If they used the same pull ring on any of their other toys they may need to recall them too. They need to find out if it is a design flaw or manufacturing problem.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• they need all the information on file so that if they get more reports of the same issue they can do a recall. they update toys so often that they need the serial number to know which batch your toy came from. they aren't doing it to piss you off, they want to make sure they have all the necessary information in case they need to do a recall. they won't want to recall EVERY version of the toy, just the ones that have had issues reported.
    My2KidzMom2009

Answer by My2KidzMom2009 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2010