OMG... have you heard this yet? What are your initial thoughts?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-gubernatorial-candidate-tim-james-this-is-alabama-we-speak-english/19456080?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Falabama-gubernatorial-candidate-tim-james-this-is-alabama-we-speak-english%2F19456080

Wow. eh?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In my opinion, THIS IS AMERICA. I"M NOT GOING TO LEARN YOUR LANGUAGE AND CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE TO MAKE YOU COMFORTABLE. Get over it. Speak the language of the country you want to move to or visit - if you can't do that, then get the fuck out because I'm tired of you and all the bullshit you make us real American's go through.

I'm proud of Arizona. I'm proud to be an AMERICAN. I'm proud of my language...Love it or Leave it.

Sorry if I'm a little harsh - I watched my hometown turn to trash due to illegal bastards. I hope they all get deported.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I guess the election will show if the majority of people agree with him..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My initial thought is:

This man is an idiot. Because HE speaks English, "Alabama speaks English"? Obviously not all of AL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well, all the road signs are in English so.....BUT on the other hand they could lose BILLIONS!!! Im all for people taking stand for what they believe but really your looking at losing billions of dollars. i just hope they can do without that money.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My initial thoughts? Right on! This should be 'This is America and we speak English.' I have no problem with folks speaking other languages on their own time,in their homes,or amoung others who speak the other language.I do have a problem when people refuse to learn the primary language spoken in this country and expect us to bend over backwards for them..demanding that we learn their language instead.Yes there are vehicle accidents due to those who do not know how to read english and other instances of problems that arise because of not knowing the primary language in this country.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• This sums it up pretty well:

Ambinder said the "ethnic coding in the ad is unmistakable," and at The American Prospect, Tim Fernholtz said James was exploiting fear against Latino immigrants for political gain.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree with Duster!

Answer by older at 11:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• As for the man himself..we will see..his father shifts whichever way of the political winds.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• English is not the official language of the U.S. I guess This candidate wants to ride the gravy train and tell the prospective voters some bs so they vote for him. Whatever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't know why people who love Spanish so much don't move to Mexico.

The people in this country need to have some things in common to keep the country together.

We don't need little countries inside the country at large.

Learn the language, folks.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010