Is it "normal" for a baby to regress a little?

My son was rolling over well, and now he absolutely refuses to roll over (he's 20 weeks old). It's like he says "Okay, I've done that, on to the next thing..." He just cut two teeth, so I'm wondering if developmentally, he's just focused elsewhere right now.

Evil_Bunny

Asked by Evil_Bunny at 10:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the physical therapist that my son sees says that sometimes they might regress and thats ok because their focus is elsewhere..when jack started walking he stopped talking, but it only lasted until he was used to walking about a month or two later he was jabbering away..
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• he has probably decided that he doesnt want to use that as a means of moving arround. not a big deal.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• babies usually try to focus on one thing at a time. It all stays w/ them, but they need breaks kind of. Hard to explain really lol. sorry
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2008