My 22 month old doesnt sleep through the night.. help.

I have a 22 month old who we recently got her into sleeping in her own bed in her own room. Before she used to co-sleep, then we had her bed in our room and now we have her and a 4 month old baby in their own room. Problem is 22 month old wakes up every hour and comes to our room and crawls into her our bed. How can I get her to sleep throughout the night? and How can I get her to sleep in her own bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is probably going to be a tough road for you since she co-slept for so long. I moved DS to his crib at 6 months, so I haven't had to do this, but its what supernanny does. You'll have to put her in her bed after your nightime routines (bath, brush teeth, books, potty, etc.) and then you can sit in the room with her (NO EYE CONTACT though) so she can see you & feels comforted that you're there. Once she falls asleep, then you leave. Every night, get further & further away until you're out the door. She'll get used to it. I agree with "momtokenzie". If/when she gets out of bed, just pick her up & put her back in. The first time you can say, "its bedtime" or "goodnight" after that, no eye contact, no talking. Just put her in. She'll probably give you good fits for a while, but if you stay consistent, she'll get it & you'll be free to sleep alone!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• my boy is 18 months old his crib is in my room, but he still wakes up around 11 and gets in bed with me. i dont know what to do. i dont want to let him cry, but i have another one on the way. what do we do? lol
    Chucksmom1020

Answer by Chucksmom1020 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i'm dealing with the same thing.......i've heard to let them cry it out...or every time they get up to not say anything and put them back in their bed and leave the room, and repeat as much as necessary. who knows though....
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• hahaha its so frustrating aint it??
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010