Arizona's Immigration Law

I know alot of people are upset about the new immigration bill that just got signed but I have a few things to say. My husbands brother in law was an illegal. He met my SO's sister right when she graduated from high school. They got married and had two kids at the time. He was working with my SO in landscaping. Granted she heard about what could happen if he was caught and how they would deport him back to mexico and get fined. So he went back and waited a year to get his papers. While he was there she delivered their third daughter while he wasnt present and raised their 3 kids and worked a full time job. So if anyone is going top judge me for what I'm going to say go for it because I'm not being racist or "racial profiling" because I have a family member who "used to be" and illegal.

I don't agree nor do i disagree with the bill that was signed. I think if arizona is going to go through with this they should (cont'd)...

j_21408

Asked by j_21408 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Arizona is not wrong the federal government is WRONG and politicians who use this crap to their advantage are WRONG..I do not know how many times I can state this...

Pick up a copy of our constititution and read..the federal government is required per that document to protect our borders..they have failed for years now to do so..Arizona asked for help and were given NOTHING.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Because I have a family member who "used to be" and illegal. My husbands brother in law was an illegal.

That's HARDLY family. My second cousin twice removed! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• They should require I.D. from not only people who are of hispanic background but also other illegals that are here. There are so many other immigrants here that are from other countries who's visa's and green cards expired ages ago. Everytime my husband has to go into the unemployment office which is in the same office as des where I live there are illegals claiming benefits and unemployment. Not only am I complaining about them claiming benefits but I also think des and unemployment should start drug testing every individual who needs government assistance. Arizona along with other states has bad drug issues. I read about people getting arrested who are doing drugs trade their food stamps, cash assistance, etc in for drug money and the majority of these people have children which upsets me even more. Our economy isn't easy enough as it is. All of these other states are saying that arizona is wrong for doing this but (cont'd).
    j_21408

Answer by j_21408 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• "They should require I.D. from not only people who are of hispanic background but also other illegals that are here. "

Why should they require ID from people with Hispanic background??? They are just as American as you! Should they ask for ID from you??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• They arent dealing with this issues as much as arizona is.... Just a month or so ago we had a farmer killed because of drug cartels and I think that is partially what motivated governer jan brewer to sign the bill even more. This how ever does not have anything to do with civil rights. They are illegals they dont have civil rights so idk what the hell obama is saying there. we dont have rights in mexico they dont have rights here. So what if the illegals move out of arizona due to this bill passing at least ill be able to get hired and put food on the table and provide well for my child and family when my husband has to claim unemployment during the winter months. I hope the majority of their asses do get deployed back just so I would be able to get a job and not have to claim government assistance when my husband has to claim unemployment during that time. Doesnt arizona see that they are part of the issue along (cont'd)...
    j_21408

Answer by j_21408 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• READ THE BILL:B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON, EXCEPT IF THE DETERMINATION MAY HINDER OR OBSTRUCT AN INVESTIGATION. ANY PERSON WHO IS ARRESTED SHALL HAVE THE PERSON’S IMMIGRATION STATUS DETERMINED BEFORE THE PERSON IS RELEASED. THE PERSON’S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY NOT SOLELY CONSIDER RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN IN IMPLEMENTING THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SUBSECTION EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE UNITED STATES OR ARIZONA CONSTITUTION. A PERSON IS PRESUMED TO NOT BE AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IF THE PERSON PROVIDES TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR AGENCY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. A VALID ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE. 2. A VALID ARIZONA NONOPERATING IDENTIFICATION LICENSE. 3. A VALID TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CARD OR OTHER FORM OF TRIBAL IDENTIFICATION. 4. IF THE ENTITY REQUIRES PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THE UNITED STATES BEFORE ISSUANCE, ANY VALID UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• with other legal citizens of arizona who dont abide by the law...? When is this issue going to end? Everyone is pulling the racist card (which is going to be the card everyone pulls when ssomething like this happens) The racist war or talk i should say is never going to end... White are always going to be considered racist until the end of time... Let me touch another subject what about these scholarships that are only given to african-americans, natives, hispanics and other such nationalities but theres not one for just Caucasians to apply for wonder why...? Oh wait because we would be considered RACIST......
    j_21408

Answer by j_21408 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Finish posting already!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• So what was your point? Whining won't help any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010