Parenting tips and advice?

I am in the process of writing an article for my blog - The Art and Science of Parenting.

For this particular article, I need a lot of input from other moms. If you want to participate, leave me a comment here with the following information:

I want one or two tips that you have found to be invaluable in parenting. Please indicate if this tip is for a specific age, as I will be organizing the article based on ages.

Let me know if it is okay to use your screen name in association with your tips.

Shaunalynn

Asked by Shaunalynn at 11:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Patience and prayer.. 2 main things that are helping me get through these trying toddler years.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Patience and Truthfulness (never closet your child's life or imagination )
    Always be as patient as you can be bc each age has it's challenges and we were never given a book on how to be a parent ..
    Be truthful with your children, but always allow them to be children ... and never ever kill off their imagination that is what makes being a child magical...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The best thing I have done as a parent is go with my instincts and trust my gut. My DD is only 18 months old so I still have lots of trials to face but when she was a baby I did my best to trust that I knew when she was tired or hungry, or just needed to be soothed and cuddled, and to follow my gut. There is so much advice about what to do and when to do it and I learned I just had to go with doing what really felt right to me at the time. That being said, I also think educating yourself is invaluable. I probably read thru half a dozen books about pregnancy and delivery while I was expecting, and then I have several more on babies first year, and now books about raising a toddler. It is important to inform yourself, and then pick and choose the things that work best for your child and family situation.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010